Yes, your research will save the world. Yes, nothing else matterns. Yes, all other research is, in some way, related to your research - i.e. they are completely dependent on YOUR data. and Yes, you and everyone who talks to you agrees that your research is THE most important thing to hit the research world in a century.
Scientists, get over yourselves!!!
Even though Jose falls asleep during any presentation/talk that doesn't have the world synchrony in it, at least he understands that other peoples' research is important, and he does NOT expect everyone to know what he knows.
"Why didn't you use GM1? Do you even know what GM1 is? Why did you use Flotillin? Why didn't you use GM1 when the whole world is using GM1??"
Sure. I COULD have used GM1. But doing a pubmed search, guess what brain lipid raft people use - Flotillin!! Guess what non-brain lipid raft ppl use - caveolin! yes, non-brain lipid raft ppl use GM1 too, but they also use flotillin!! just more of them use GM1 than Flotillin. So, do i sense a bias??? I do brain stuff, the person who asked the question of me doesn't. So now, I have to explicitly explain what the forebrain is, and explicitly explain what NKCC1 does and what KCC2 does cuz words aren't enough - a diagram is, apparently, VITAL. not to mention i now have to explain, at length, why i chose flot, and not cav or GM1. .... why didn't he mention Thy-1? does he not know it exists?? ppl use Thy-1 as a marker too!!!!
The whole world eh.... so, i guess all of those people's papers that have been published without using GM1 are pieces of crap papers that no one should ever read huh? Ya, u go tell them that. Meanwhile, I'll try to answer your very unfair question in my thesis in a mature way that doesn't revolve around "PUBMED SAYS YOU'RE STUPID!"....
and btw, I'm sorry that i don't know off the top of my head what every single protein that you have encountered in your lifetime of research is and what they do. I guess maybe i should. but considering you're more than twice my age, and have spent likely 15 times as many years as me doing research in this tiny little field, I don't feel so bad. ....
Oh, and why should i know what proteins are in the blood brain barrier? maybe the protein mentioned IS the most important in there, maybe not. but hey, the stupid compound is OBVIOUSLY lipid soluble, so WTF?!?!?! and besides, that question shouldn't even be counted - it was asked AFTER the 2 rounds were over.
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment