Upon slouching on the couch, with laptop in lap, i came across three big discoveries:
The first is that India has decriminalized homosexual sex. i didn't know it was criminal before... I wonder what the laws in China are like. Someone please enlighten me!!!
The second is that the swine flu IS actually pretty bad, maybe. Apparently, it hits young healthy adults really bad.... those between 20 and 50 are at higher risk for it than ppl who are older, which is kinda strange. This isn't very good news for us since we're gonna start rotations just when the swine flu gets really bad!!!! Oh, and my mom has a fever right now. *sigh* ... I'll listen to her lungs tmr.
and third and final discovery wasn't discovered through Globe and Mail (which, i am so glad China has not thought was threatening enough to block).... instead, it was made through watching Channel V - the only TV channel I can watch in China w/o being super duper confused. Its like MTV, but ... actually no, exactly like MTV. Chinese MTV. (there's also a chinese MTV MTV channel, so....) anywho, they played this 5minute clip about Michael Jackson... a collage of clips from different places, incl. the Ronald Reagan speech thingy, and it had a running ticker at the bottom that told of his many platinum-selling songs, and about his "Bad" (?) concert tour, etc. It said that that tour lasted 16mths and he performed a 3-digit-number of concerts in that time (i forget); I compared it to Leehom's Heroes of Earth concert series, which lasted a similar amt of time, but had 13 or so stops....
I knew Michael Jackson died and all, but i honestly had no clue he was THAT famous, THAT big!!! seriously. When he was really famous, i was either still in China and/or was not old enough to appreciate anything other than baby songs. I remember my cousin brought home a VHS of Thriller one day. My dad made a copy. I don't think it was ever watched again. I think i thought his dance moves were really strange and rather scary, especially the pelvic thrusts.... But anyway. so that was my third and final discoveries, that Michael Jackson was and is very very very famous in the good ways, not the more recent bad ways.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment