Friday, May 16, 2008

perks

I've asked my doctor before about seeing an ophthamologist... she said she could refer me, but that it would take 6mths before i would be able to see one.  She was only going on what I said, no physical exam or anything.  and she didn't retract my eyelids.  if she did, she would've noticed that i likely had a posterior blepharitis.  Now i know.  cuz the ophtho told me today!  today's ASCM was so cool!  Not only did i [finally] find out that i had this stupid condition (it's not very treatable; but i'm really happy that i finally know what it is), but i also got to see a retina!!  I mean, a real live one inside a live person!!  (i've seen animals' and humans' before) .... i saw the optic disc, the optic nerve head, the blood vessels, the fundus, everything!  so very very cool.  AND!  VT did the fluoroscene test on me, and my cornea is fine.  i was concerned cuz of the contact lens thing.  yeepeee!!!  The perks of being a med student...

No comments:

Post a Comment