First Burma is hit with a cyclone. Then China has a huge earthquake.
I'm skeptical of Western reporters and their reporting of Burma. Mostly cuz they're hugely biased wrt China most of the time, so i don't trust them. I don't trust Chinese media reports either though. So i really don't know what's going on in Burma, if the junta is really that stupid in refusing foreign aid, and basically killing the Burmese people due to lack of potable water, food, shelter, etc (when it's available and when others are trying to give 'em these things). I don't trust CNN (duh. and if u do, u're a dumbass fuck). but i dunno whether to trust the Associated Press or not. .... Who knows what's really going on in Burma. ... it'll prolly be a huge secret for a long time to come.
This time though, China is actually freely reporting on the earthquake. I guess politically, the earthquake happened at a good time (not that it's ever good) cuz it took the spotlight off the torch run and off the whole Tibet crap. but anyway. I don't know if china is refusing/accepting help from foreign aid places, but i'm gonna venture to guess that if they do refuse, it's cuz they don't actually need it. many troops (incl. military drs) were dispatched from Shanghai, Beijing, and Xi'an. I hope they are accepting foreign aid, just so that they don't look like Burma.
I would so totally go help. .... but no one has asked me to (where do i start?!) and i wouldn't actually be able to go 'til after June 9 .... and by then, i'm hoping that the survivors will have all been pulled out. the rest of the people would probably be dead (a mth is a long time to survive without food/water.... 3 days without water and u'll be dead... well, most ppl... obese people = another story .... but in rural china, there aren't many obese/overweight ppl)
I think the saddest thing is that kids were buried when their schools collapsed. ... it's so sad....
I'm just glad the dams didn't burst. there'd be A LOT more deaths if they did.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment