This blog has pretty much turned into my "Angst for China" blog. I should stop publishing to make sure they still let me back in the country!!! but certain things just ire me soooooo much!!!!
e.g. PLAGIRISM and the complete apathy that the Chinese have for it. Case and point: Beijing, August 2009, Capital Medical University! I don't even know if i posted a blog about it... if i didn't, basically our "supervisor" asked one of us to translate a paper for her, which she literally copied/pasted from multiple sources [some of which were sketchy!]... and this was to be submitted to an international journal! the translation job was immediately stopped, and she stopped helping us after that. not that she really helped us to begin with.
This WAS an article that a friend of mine wrote. Multiple problems with this article...
1) Where's the author's name?? nowhere, of course. cuz really, the author who researched this and wrote this is completely un-important and un-related. of course.
2) That's NOT how i pronounce my name. If they had talked to the author re: this article, they would've known that... which leads me to point 3...
3) The author, i presume, has no clue that someone has ripped her article and translated it, and posted it without giving her due credit.
4) The translated my quote wrong!!!!!!!! WTF is wrong with them?!?! if u're gonna translate, translate it correctly please!! They make it seem like all CBCs are non-Chinese speaking morons! when the quote was ACTUALLY smt like "[my name] says ... those who can't speak Chinese feel that FOBs consider them less Chinese."
ALSO, my other bitch rant is this:
Since Facebook is blocked in China, i tried to set up a website (blog-like thing) where my family in China can keep up to date with the goings-on of our family here. I had such grand ideas about a blog section, and a photo section, and a "events"-like section for upcoming big events like trips we were gonna take, birthdays, graduations, and even my call-schedule! Because i was posting pictures, and because i already knew that China had blocked google's Picasaweb, i asked my cousin what sites he can actually reach.... Turns out, Google SITES, google's PICASA, and pretty much ALL other free webhosting places are blocked!!! (add that to this blog and all other blogspot blogs, Facebook, Youtube, etc) .... Basically in the end, i had to use sina.com, which is completely based on China. and the MORE ridiculous thing is this: normally when u set up an email, the service will ask for your location - I'm cool with that. On sina.com, it asks for your place of birth and place of residence - TO THE STREET LEVEL! and it's actually MANDATORY information!!!
I love my freedom. I love my freedom of thought, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and freedom of information!!! I love my freedom and I love Canada. Canada is the best country to live in and I am soooooooooooooooooooooo proud to be Canadian. and i am SURE that if i remained in China, with my temper, the communists would've shot me dead and billed my parents for the bullet already.
No comments:
Post a Comment