Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mistaken

2.5wks on surgery... mistaken for a nurse about 15 times. 

Today was the worst.

stranger: "Are you an RN?"
me: "no"
stranger: "So you're a PSW?"  (personal support worker)
me: *angry now* "NO!  I'm a med student!!!!"

seriously?!?  PSW?!?  SERIOUSLY?!?! 

What the hell does it take to look like a doctor???  Why do I NOT look like I could be one?!  Do i look too stupid?  Do i look too ditzy??  Do i look too young??? 
Do i look too slutty???? (it's not my fault the giant scrubs are still tight around boobies!!!)  Not saying RNs are any of the above, just that doctors are NOT the above???  but that's not true either!  ARRGH!

I DON'T GET IT!!!  Why do scrubs = nurse?!  they're "doctor's scrubs", most RN's wear flowery/colourful scrubs!!!  arrrgh!  So frustrating cuz it happens like ~2x/day, by hospital visitors, and other staff (cleaning ppl, runners, lab ppl... not RNs, not MDs)!!!

What should i do to look like a doctor?!?!?

(in other news: surgery is going MUCH better than expected.  I've gotten tons of unexpected, but very welcome, VERY positive feedback!  :D )

1 comment:

  1. Hey you should send/post a picture of you in scrubs.. then I can comment if you look like a doctor yet or not.. :)

    ReplyDelete