So i've now resorted to wearing a lab coat over my scrubs in a [futile] attempt to look more like a ... rather... more NOT like a nurse.
The original lab coat i was given was waaay too big, so i looked more like a lab tech than a med student.... so i went to exchange it for a much smaller size.
But even with the lab coat on over my scrubs, guess what i was mistaken for?
a RECEPTIONIST!!!
What. the. fuck?????
I give up.
my current junior (not as cool as my other jr) reassured me that no matter what i do, I will look like an RN. As long as i'm wearing scrubs, am female, and look young (everyone thinks i'm 23, tops... i love this graceful aging thing!). She said that even ATTENDINGS get mistaken for RNs.
I just can't wait to be able to say "NO. I am a DOCTOR!"
(I'm not allowed to say that now... it'd be a lie...)
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment